2.9.09

Random Thoughts with Christine

Twitter

I have to admit, I'm addicted. What looked to be a quick messaging service - the simple concept of 'what are you doing' has me tweeting all day while neglecting my blog ! In honor of Twitter, I present brief yet topical updates with much less characters. Oh and let's not forget to follow me and my friends on Twitter.
> http://twitter.com/greeningme101

'Goin Down'

The video reminds me of the tune: Love in an Elevator. Steven Tyler is 61, he falls off the stage, breaks his shoulder and incurs head injuries. It has me wondering if it's time Aerosmith calls it quits. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan but think it may be time to hang it up for good when none of the band members come to help.

Oh the irony

My last post mentions a man trapped in an elevator. I got trapped in an elevator on Monday. They had to get a technician to pull me out ! I was in there for half an hour.

Another election ?

Lorne Gunter, National Post
"Their current rush to get to the polls again -- a fall election would be Canada's fourth in five years -- demonstrates just how their absence from power consumes them. Not being in charge gnaws at their souls. It is like an itch they cannot reach, a thirst they cannot quench, a hunger they cannot satisfy.'>Full article.

We should just make it law to have an election every six months, let the Green Party rule the proceedings and cast their vote on who gets to be in power for each term.

You trust this guy ?

Tanya Talaga, Toronto Star
Dalton McGuinty has ordered all expenses at 23 provincial agencies, boards and commissions to be reviewed and approved by the Ontario integrity commissioner beginning this fall.
>Full article.

Go figure, these are the same folks who brought us the Green Energy Act. You know the law that let's them spend your tax dollar on gambling, booze and wind farms.

Now for the 'Generation We' Bloggers

  • My friends over at the Envirogy blog keep the debate on renewables interesting. Digg some Skyler & JoFergs when you get a chance.
  • The searing commentary @ CrudelyInterrupted keeps an edgy perspective on the headlines.
  • Laughter is the best medicine so have a gander and chuckle over at the Comedy Landfill.
That's it for today and we'll hear from you on Twitter !

No comments: